“This physician treats patients the way they would like to be treated, with kindness and empathy.”
– Star Tribune Newspaper
The Fortanasce – Frechette – Purino Neurology Center is dedicated to providing quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, promoting wellness and an unparalleled compassion and commitment to assure the very best healthcare to all those in need with disorders of the Nervous System. The Fortanasce Neurology Center has been acclaimed by LA West Magazine as having “the Physicians for Physicians.” All the neurologists are board certified and trained from East to West Coast (Yale, Cornell, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, USC, UCLA, UCSD and Stanford), providing the most competent and cutting age care. Most importantly is the sensitive, caring culture that ensures every patient and their family is treated with the utmost “…kindness and empathy.”
Our values that we are committed to:
- Dignity – The dignity and equality of all patients.
- Trust – Honest and Open Communication between Doctor and Patient.
- Integrity – Self scrutiny in everything we do.
- Teamwork – Network between Doctors to provide the best care.
- Heritage – A tradition of excellence since 1962, founded by the father of Stereotactic Surgery, Edwin Todd M.D., J.D., Ph.D.
Our Philosophy: – When 10,000 Doctors were asked how they selected a Doctor for their practice they said, “One who is Able, Affable and Available.” The “Triple A” Doctor is knowledgeable, caring and there when you need them.
- Able – Doctors themselves know that not all Doctors are equal. Look for a Doctor who is well trained, affiliated with a university, lectures and publishes. Dr. Fortanasce trained at 2 Ivy League hospitals Yale and Cornell on the East Coast and at USC on the West Coast. He has published 6 books, teaches at USC and lectures widely from television to community centers. Dr. Frechette is both an MD and a PhD; trained at Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, UCSD and Stanford, and has published extensively on a number of neurology topics. Dr. Purino was educated and trained at: Boston College, Wayne State University, and UCLA as well as being triple board-certified with special qualifications in Neuromuscular diseases. Interestingly, while at UCLA she also cared for combat veterans at the nearby VA hospital suffering from neurological conditions such as TBI – Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Affable – People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care. We believe in traditional and holistic medicine. We listen to not only your symptoms but also your fears and anxieties – getting to know who you are. In fact, a patient will do what you ask if they feel you know them and care. Everyone on our staff follows this philosophy.
- Available – Our staff attends to the phone from 8 to 5 daily, even during lunch hours. We are on call 24/7. We do our best to be there when you need us.
- Choosing Your Physician: – Whether you choose the Fortanasce – Frechette – Purino Neurology Center, or not, Dr. Fortanasce has written an article entitled “Evaluating Your Health Care Professional“. The article contains 20 excellent questions that are helpful in choosing your physician:
LEARN THE LATEST IN HEALTH CARE FROM THE BEST PHYSICIANS IN CALIFORNIA
The DEAR Program is a free lecture series presented weekly by renowned physicians throughout California, including Dr. Fortanasce (voted America’s Best Doctors). The goal is to promote good health and to address the latest treatments for a variety of health conditions. A major focus of the program is Alzheimer’s Disease prevention by following simple lifestyle and dietary modifications.